Monday, February 06, 2006

Vonage: Good Idea, Bad Implementation


So in a perfect world I would have received my American phone, plugged it into my Vonage box, and be able to call the US. Unfortunately, this world isn't perfect and now when I pick up the phone all I hear is, "You have plugged your phone into the wrong jack. If you feel you have reached this message in error please access your web account for additional information."

Sadly, my online account revealed nothing. I still don't have my phone working but I have emailed them to find a solution. Let's hope by the end of the week I'll be a little less frustrated and a little bit better connected. But when it is up and running, the number will be the same as my old cell phone number, 512.771.1653. Call whenever, but do remember we're 18 hours ahead. For example, it's 8:00 pm on Monday in Texas, but it's 3:00 pm on Tuesday here in Christchurch. Just subtract 5 hours and you'll have an idea if I'm awake or not, haha.

Have a great day everybody!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ring, Ring, Ring.

"Whats your favorite scary movie?"

Anonymous said...

I heard you won a cruise?!?!?!? Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yea!! You got it working. It was so good to hear your voice.
Love ya & miss ya