Saturday, February 11, 2006

Get Ready for the Circus!!!


Ok, I've gotten a little behind in my postings but it's for a good reason. First of all, on Thursday Godfrey Sim, the director of my program, invited me to come up and just train for a little bit in the morning. As I haven't worked out since before I left Dalhart, I welcomed the opportunity. I was nervous because I wasn't sure what they were expecting from me. So before I actually worked out I found Godfrey just to talk. I asked him about my schedule and he said that he's put me in a special advanced trampoline and tumbling class that is specially devised to develop an act. It's the only class of its kind. All acts are to be developed on each student's own time. The year twos have class time to work on their final show but that's a little different. I was very honored but it made my nervousness increase. EEK!!! So I just went and stretched and just played around without doing anything serious. No need to over do it on the first day, ha!!!

Moving on, yesterday I had orientation where they told me a whole bunch of information that I already knew. However, I did get to meet two other classmates. Diana, from Canada, and Heather who goes by "Tank." I'm really going to have to get used to these circus types. Tank is so called because she has a tattoo of Tankgirl on her leg. I really don't know anything about Tankgirl to know why she goes by it, but I would bet that with much more exposure to her I will find out. Tank hails from Chicago but the most interesting thing about her is that she has Purple and Gold wool dreadlocks. PURPLE AND GOLD! PURPLE AND GOLD!!! When I told Jennifer, we relived quite a few good ole Dalhart cheers! PURPLE AND GOLD FIGHT! WOLVES FIGHT!!! Anyway, after our orientation we went and toured the school and then we continued to hang out all day. We ended up back at my place to cook dinner. WOO HOO!!! The value of friends who know how to cook because Lord knows I can't. Here's a little pic of Tank and Diana cookin' away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...I think I just puked in my mouth a baby bit.

Drew said...

When they are training you to do flips and tricks, do they give you little treats as postive reinforcement? Just wonderin...