Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I Wait and I Wait and I Guess I'll Wait Some More

So, I'm still in the States, Dalhart, TX to be exact, and I had told myself that I wasn't going to do another posting again until I was in the land of the Kiwis. Well, I didn't realize how long that was going to be and how antsy I would get. In my frenzied state, I decided to bring to all of you another posting. Let me tell you, I can't believe I'm going from this:




To this:




Yes, indeed, on the 9th of January it was snowing in my hometown and Christchurch was a summery 26 degrees Celsius (78.8 F). I can't wait, but Cindy don't worry. I'll watch out for sharks!

So now that the weather has given me even more reason to go, my next dilemma is packing. How does one pack to go away for two years? Well, somehow I have to discriminate against all of this stuff and dwindle it down into two bags weighing no more than 36kgs (79lbs) as directed by the regulations of Air New Zealand.




I have somehow managed to build up the resolve to tackle this tremendous feat. I started with my shoes. I believe I've done what no normal human being could do. I've gone from over 40 pairs of shoes down to 10! For some reason, I feel that may still be too many, because I know that I'm not going to have enough room for the clothes that have to be worn with those shoes.




I'm already starting to realize how much I'm going to miss all of you. Please keep in touch and I promise things will get more exciting than what underwear I'm packing.

Kisses, Misses, and Trailer Park Wishes!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

You always have the best taste in shoes--how will you ever decide? Maybe you could ship some to yourself?

Wishing you safe and happy travels!