Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Across The Big Blue


I boarded the commuter plane in San Diego to take me to LAX. I’m not sure if I’ve ever been on a smaller plane.


I actually arrived early enough that they put me on a flight that left 30 minutes earlier. Aren’t I the lucky one, more time to wait in the city of angels. I arrived at LAX and sticking to my old tendencies I wanted to read a magazine and I found the new Details with Matthew McConaughey on the cover. Normally, I wouldn’t have been too excited but a few weeks before I left in Austin, Matt Mac did a little photo shoot at Zach Scott Theatre and I got to see him in person. So me having a little investment, I snagged that issue right then and there. I still haven’t read the article but it makes me really happy that the cover was shot at a place that has so many fond memories for me. This picture was taken in Shady Grove Trailer Park, just across the street from ZACH, outside his Airstream Trailer.


The flight to New Zealand was anything but exciting. Here I am excited before but in fact it was pretty boring.


I wanted to talk to the family next to me but they looked like this entire time.


Finally, in the last hour of my flight I had reason to talk to the girl. I found out that she wasn’t with the old couple at all. She is part of a mission project and they are based in Oxford, New Zealand. Her grandmother had died and she flew home. She made that awfully long flight 3 times in 11 days. I don’t call that being a missionary; I call that being a martyr.

As I was gathering all of my things I look up and I see those three crazy British ladies that I rode the Back to the Future ride at Universal Studios three days earlier! I did some covert ops and got these pics. A little stalker I know, but hey, that’s how I roll.




I finally land at 5:45 in the morning and the sun has already risen.


They are having about 15 hours of daylight right now. I couldn’t believe but once I stepped outside the airport the weather was incredible! So cool and fresh! Maybe I was just excited to not be breathing recycled air anymore. As my luck would have it I just missed the bus and so I decided to take a taxi. I really welcomed the chance at not having to think and being dropped of at the front door to my new home. This is me in the cab.


And then me and the driver!


So far, so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is HE from DORA THE EXPLORER too?