Sunday, January 22, 2006

John Denver Said It Best...


All my bags are packed
Im ready to go
Im standin here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin
Its early morn
The taxis waitin
Hes blowin his horn
Already Im so lonesome
I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that youll wait for me
Hold me like youll never let me go
Cause Im leavin on a jet plane
Dont know when Ill be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go

Those lines are kind of depressing but I have to be honest and say that the waterworks did turn on in my last days in TX. The night before I flew out of Amarillo on the 19th, my mom, grandma, and sisters were helping me pack and as it became closer to the end I thought about how my time in Dalhart was coming to an end. Almost immediately the tears came. Not necessarily sad tears but tears that let me know I was human and that this journey is going to be hard but completely worth it.

I made it home after the packing but Mom and I couldn't stop talking because we knew our time was so limited. We spent the next 3 hours talking on my bed before we decided that we needed to go to bed. My dad cooked me sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy my last morning in Dalhart, his own little way of saying goodbye.

Sami picked me up and took me to the Amarillo airport. I was able to see my last majestic Texas sunrise for a long time.




When we arrived at the airport we both cried while saying goodbye in the airport terminal. As I was checking in for the first leg of my flight the Southwest employee asked how long I was going to be gone because my girlfriend looked pretty sad!!! I explained that I was leaving for two years and that the girlfriend was my sister. I'm pretty sure that Sami and I look enough alike to never be confused for less than brother and sister.

Anyway, I'm off to San Diego to see the only Cirque du Soleil show touring right now that I haven't seen, Quidam. I'm sure you'll hear more about that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I think I got set up to do this sorry to wast you time on a comment.
sami