Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Three Days in SoCal


So before I could allow myself to go to circus school I had to complete my Cirque du Soleil experience. Up until this weekend I have seen 19 Cirque du Soleil performances including every show except Quidam. Quidam has been touring Asia for the past several years and while I’ve done some crazy things to see a Cirque going to Asia has not been one of them. As luck would it though, Quidam began it’s North American Tour on Jan. 19 in San Diego. Logically, San Diego is on the way to New Zealand and so I just had to stop.

Lucky, I did because I absolutely loved it. I had prepped myself to hate it. Why? I don’t really know. I guess I’ve had friends talk a lot of crap about it and so if they didn’t like it why should I. Well, I guess I’ve never followed anyone because I couldn’t get enough of it. I saw San Diego drove to LA and went to Universal Studios, met Dora The Explorer and rode in a Dolorean with three crazy British ladies (more on them later).


Finally, on my last night I made the trek to Del Mar Fairgrounds to see Quidam. I was so excited I got lost and managed to forget that the show I bought the ticket for was at 4 that day and not 8. YIKES!!! Fortunately, Cirque has great customer service and they quickly found alternate seats. Thank you God for loving me and Cirque du Soleil!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willy Z, I miss you madly! I am so happy that you had a wonderful time in California (I love it there too). I love the shirt you wore to Quidam, and always remember…”If I ran the circus…” YOU WOULD BE MY STAR! -Z#3 Nina

Anonymous said...

I miss your face. I think it is really funny that you took a picture with Dora. I sincerely hope that you were accompanied with someone under the age of 4 while you were there. I love how excited you look in those pictures. You look like you had a blast.