Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sydney, Let's Go!!!

So on the day immediately following the Final Night After Party, my mom, her two friends, and I leave for Oz to see what all tourists in the South Pacific see, The Sydney Opera House and the Great Barrier Reef.

Our first stop was in Sydney to see the Opera House. I had arranged for all of us to stay in a hostel because I was directed by my mother to find whatever was cheapest yet comfortable. I had stayed at WakeUp last year when I came to Sydney and thought it was very clean and comfortable. Let's just say some older ladies don't enjoy hostel living so this was the last time we stayed at one for this trip. Here's a pic of the ladies in front.


After trying to get a Taxi, that never came we decided it was time for the Texan Gals to ride their first subway on the way to dinner and the Opera House.




After departing the subway there is an incredible view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

After the bridge we walk a few very slow blocks to Wagamama. Wagamama seems to be a Sydney tradition for me and I thought the Ladies might like to eat Japanese food. Strike No. 2 for Will and a particular driver. I'm starting to worry about the rest of the trip.



Finally after dinner, we make our way to see the Opera House beautifully lit at night with the Harbour in the background. It's an amazing sight.


The next morning we took the ferry across to Manly and back. Afterwards we headed back to the Airport to continue our Oz Essentials Vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The beat on the street says that restaurant is not as good as the Chinease place in Dalhart. Thats just what I heard...