Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I Am Going To Own This Swim!

It's still in progress, but I am really confident that I am going to do well on the swim portion. Please remember that doing well is relative. ;-)

Why do I have this sudden surge of confidence?  Today in my swim class, after a week of not swimming because of being from insane Austin allergies or the flu or both, I hopped in the pool today and swam 3 consecutive 100s (longer than I ever swam before starting my training), and the last one was for time.  Even with a little fiasco with a lane mate (she thought floating on a kick board in the middle of the lane at the wall was a good idea) I managed to knock out my 3rd 100m swim in at time of 1:21.  I have no idea if this is a good time or not, but I was really proud of myself and it was far faster than I was expecting to have swam even my first 100.

Maybe my coaches are right, I'm swimming way too fast and could handle slowing it down a bit so that I can go even further.

Things are looking up my friends!

Now, if I just felt as confident about my Motor Learning test of Thursday. Yikes!

No comments: