Thursday, August 23, 2007

In the North

After Bodø, we took a flight into Tromsø. In Tromsø, we were greeted by Camilla's sister Stine and her boyfriend, Martin. After we made it to their car Camilla realized she didn't have her wallet with her. We back to the airport and asked lost and found and had them search the plane. It was nowhere to be found.

By now I should know Camilla well enough to know how silly she is. Where was the wallet. Oh it was at the side of her seat in the car held neatly by the strap of Camilla's backpack.

Once were finally on our way to Camilla's parents house in Oteren. Stine had drinks waiting for us. Being from the States, I was worried as they were busting open beer cans in a moving vehicle. Apparently it's ok to drink in a car as long as you're not driving. BOTTOMS UP!!!



On the way, we pass by the Mountain of the Sleeping Soldier. Can you see him?


There were also tons of waterfalls from melting snow.



While in Oteren, I stayed in Hegge's (Another sister of Camilla's). This house was built by their grandfather and looking up the hill you can see the barn and the house that Camilla's parents live in now.


Inside the barn, there was a brand new family of squirrels!



Camilla's family was so generous to house me and feed me for the time I was there. I couldn't have asked for a better accommodation. This is what their house looked out to.

2 comments:

Drew said...

Looks like a beautiful adventure.

Unknown said...

I want one of the squirrels. Please. Just one.