Monday, March 20, 2006

Daylight Savings Time: Could There Be a More Confusing Thing?


Hey Everybody, This past weekend the southern hemisphere decided to observe daylight savings. I don't really understand it but sure why not. Well I was at first confused. Do we spring forward or fall back? I know that in the spring we go forward but technically it's fall here and I wasn't sure whether the kiwis followed the rest of the world or did indeed fall back in the fall. Well here's your answer. They do fall back. As a result, the 18 hours difference has turned to 17. Meaning that now you have to subtract 6 hours from your day to get the time of day here. Great fun right? Just wait until you observe daylight sayings. Then you'll have to subtract 7. The fun is only beginning!

P.S. Sorry I haven't posted many blogs lately. I blame it on my computer's lack of memory. Don't fret though. I've bought an external hard drive and it's on its way. Soon the blogs will be free flowing again! WOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back with us!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Willy Z! I love reading your blogs. Granted, i am not on the internet very much so i dont read them frequently, but when i do i just laugh and realize how much i miss you. i am thinking about how to get to new zealand all of the time. trying to figure it out. anyways... take care sweety! - ABBY